It's going to be a nail-biter
over 5 years ago
– Wed, Sep 19, 2018 at 08:03:25 PM
DOWN TO THE WIRE!! With just 9 hours left in the Age of Swords crowdfunding campaign (being run on Indiegogo - http://bit.ly/2P7enk3). We need just $787 to hit the 5th stretch goal so that all backers receive a Suri and Minna short story. Here are some of the other perks the Kickstarter provides:
Age of Myth, Age of Swords, and Age of War - buy one or buy them all at a 20% discount ($22 vs $28)
- Age of Swords screensavers for computers, phones, and tablets
- Legends of the First Empire Short Story
- Name acknowledged on my website
- Custom-designed and Signed Age of Swords Bookmark
- Access to video call for reader Q&A
- Access to video call for writer Q&A
If we reach the $30,000 goal I'll write a new short story staring Minna and Suri!!
I've launched a new crowd-funding campaign!
over 5 years ago
– Tue, Aug 28, 2018 at 01:36:17 AM
It isn't on Kickstarter this time (because it's not for a new product), but you can find it here. What is it for? Well, I'm glad you asked. You see, hardcover editions of Age of Swords are now out of print, so the only place to get them are marketplace resellers, (who have jacked the price up to $89 - $191...even for used copies). What an outrage! Not only that, but I'll earn $0 on any sales of these copies.
Del Rey will sell me the excess warehouse stock, but it'll be expensive. So I'm running a crowdfunding campaign to raise the $11,360 to get my hands on as many copies as I can. I'll then sell the books on my site at the $28 list price (backers of the campaign will get the books even cheaper, just $22, which is a 20% discount. Plus supporters will receive added perks like screensavers of Marc Simonetti's fabulous artwork, a free short story, and their names will be listed on my website for helping to make this project happen.
Since you've supported my Riyria crowdfunding in the past, I thought you might be interested in jumping into Legends of the First Empire (the first three books are released now and all are available through the campaign).
So, take a look and if you like what you see, please consider backing this project, too. And as always thank you for your support.
A Kickstarter you might be interested in
almost 6 years ago
– Tue, May 01, 2018 at 09:23:05 PM
Hey all, I do coaching from time to time when I find someone who I think "has the right stuff," and one of the people I've been working with is Phil Tucker. Phil is one of the hardest-working indie authors I know, and he's committed to putting out quality books with great covers and professional editing. I twisted his arm into trying out Kickstarter for a series he's releasing. And I hope you'll check it out and, if you think it's something you might like, please consider backing the project. I did!
Death March: Book 1 in a LitRPG Trilogy
Phil already has 7 books released and has sold more than 160,000 copies, so he's well on his way, but I thought I would try to give a hand-up to someone who is doing the right things and I expect great things from. Thanks for checking it out.
Posters, Bookmarks/Bookplates, and T-shirts
about 6 years ago
– Wed, Feb 07, 2018 at 12:31:38 PM
- I have all the posters packaged up and they'll go to the post office today. If you check your BackerKit you'll see the tracking numbers for them. Sorry for the delay in getting them out but I had some tight deadlines on copy edits for Age of War and 100% of my time was devoted to that.
- I've extracted the addresses for the bookmarks/bookplates and will start processing them as well. There aren't that many so I think they will go out today as well.
- For people who ordered T-shirts during that "last round of printing. I'm still waiting on them. They were out of stock on the t-shirt brand that we used before and I wanted the new shirts to match the old ones. There aren't that many orders for them, so as soon as I have them, they'll go out the next day.
- There are still six people who have not provide their addresses and as such I can't ship your products. I'll be checking them periodically but not daily, so if you don't have your package and are wondering why, it may be that you are one of the ones who didn't provide your mailing address ;-) Please contact me and I'll get your stuff on the way.
- I did have some packages come back "return to sender" and I've sent emails to people to get fixed addresses for resending. At this time I think I have everything except for one overseas package that just arrived yesterday. If you are missing anything, please make sure you contact me as I'm about to "shut down" the Kickstarter from a shipping perspective.
- Now that everything is shipped, and I have a few minutes to breathe, I'm going to start processing the excess postage refunds. So if you bought multiple t-shirts or extra books (and didn't donate the extra as tips), you should see some money coming back your way.
Well, I think that's about it. I still have to do the online glossary and the "making of" the glossary will show up online (and I'll post an update when it's available) and the "making of" will be in your digital download areas.
One last thing I should note, it looks like Orbit is going to let us buy a license to print some hardcover copies of the other Riryia books: Theft of Swords, Rise of Empire, Heir of Novron, The Crown Tower, & The Rose and the Thorn. So look for a Kickstarter for that "soonish." They are limiting us on quantities, and I'll make sure that everyone who participated on this Kickstarter and The Death of Dulgath Kickstarter are notified of the "go live date" This is good news for people who want a complete set of hardcovers.
Oh, and I should mention. The warehouse is bare of hardcovers of The Death of Dulgath. The only copies left are the ones I have here at the house, and there WILL NOT be another reprinting of them. So, if you don't have a hardcover of that book, pick up one from our store before they are all gone.
Well, that's about it for now. As always, thank you for your support.
Bookmarks and Bookplates
about 6 years ago
– Thu, Dec 28, 2017 at 05:40:28 PM
Hey everyone, from the emails I've received it looks like everyone is getting their packages okay, only a few items were missed and a few damaged in the mail, so that's all going pretty well.
One thing that did happen from time to time is a bookmark would fall out of a book. We only discovered this after getting to the bottom of a box of books and finding a stray bookmark - by the time it was found, it was impossible to know what book it fell from so we didn't go through and open the various packages looking for them. We've received two support tickets so far from people who are missing their bookmarks. It'd be best to send all these envelopes at once (anything done piecemeal is VERY time consuming).
Also, as I said during the Kickstarter, we will use bookplates as a way to handle personalization. Basically a bookplate is a sticker that Michael can use to dedicate the book to you (or someone of your choice). These stickers will be mailed in envelopes at the same time we are mailing missing bookmarks.
So, if you need a bookmark or bookplate, fill out this form and we'll mail them out come mid-January. Also there is anything missing or damaged from your packages, please contact us asap. Thanks again all for the support. I still have the "making of" and the "glossary" to do but as I'm under deadline for edits for Age of War (coming in April), don't expect those until late in January.